January 24, 2017
USC announces Feb. 4 Stem Cell Day of Discovery event
On Saturday, February 4, from 8 a.m.–2 p.m., USC will hold a half-day educational event to encourage the residents of East Los Angeles (Boyle Heights, El Sereno, Lincoln Heights and neighboring communities in the San Gabriel Valley) to prepare for the opportunities related to STEM disciplines.
Organized by USC Civic Engagement and USC Stem Cell, activities will be led by USC researchers, volunteers and students who will connect with students, encourage participation and serve as role models/mentors. Activities include:
- STEM and biotechnology talks
- Lab tours and hands-on experiments
- 3D interactive computer stations allowing viewers to explore the brain, kidneys and more
- Educational video games teaching the basics of stem cell biology
- Information on USC volunteer and internship opportunities available to high school students in science/biotech-related fields
To learn more and to register, visit communities.usc.edu/4968-2.